Is it possible to get the geodatabase schema for a Solution without using the Solutions Deployment Tool?

Jump to solution
12-11-2018 07:28 AM
Labels (1)
EricRoggow1
New Contributor

This is question is similar to another discussion on this forum but I figured it would still be worth asking as my request is slightly different. I understand that Esri has moved away from the Local Government Information Model and is putting these data schemas into Solutions. (They say LGIM has not gone away and is still evolving, but to me that evolution just seems to be taking feature classes from LGIM and packaging them into Solutions.) 

This presents a problem for my organization since many of the Solutions are locked behind the Solution Deployment Tool which requires Pro and we haven't yet made that jump. I get that there is no one-size-fits-all data schema but it still is nice to have something for reference when we are considering creating new feature classes. In the past, I would download an empty geodatabase from LGIM and tweak it to suit our needs. 

Currently I am interested in what feature classes, fields, domains etc. are in the "Inventory Right of Way Assets" Solution but there is no way for me to access that without first getting Pro and then the Solution Deployment Tool. Maybe I am missing something but it looks like Esri is simply locking away resources behind Pro. 

Please point me to a way of getting this geodatabase schema without needing Pro. I understand what the Solutions Deployment is supposed to do, but that's not what we need here, I am not looking for a full scale deployment that does everything for me. I need to have a starting point for new feature classes the way I used to with the LGIM.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

You can use the Manual Deployment steps and the Configure feature layer workflow to create a geodatabase schema for each of the layers found in the Inventory Right of Way solutions.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

You can use the Manual Deployment steps and the Configure feature layer workflow to create a geodatabase schema for each of the layers found in the Inventory Right of Way solutions.  

EricRoggow1
New Contributor

Scott, thanks for the response. I didn't realize I could get access to all the resources running the Solutions at Esri's LocalGov ArcGIS Online profile. I would hope they find a way to advertise that directly when searching for Solutions. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RaymondBoswell1
New Contributor II

Eric,

Hope this may be of some help. I went through a similar situation earlier this year and struggled with how best to pull down the schema and work with it in ArcMap/ArcCatalog.

I have attached workflow documentation for being able to export the schema without having to use AGP or the Solutions Deployment Tool.

Let me know if anything needs to be clarified.

Be well . . . Ray