I would like to build an app that can track/quantify visitors to Town Hall

05-01-2020 09:28 AM
Labels (1)
PatrickMcDonald2
New Contributor II

I would like to build an app that can track/quantify visitors to Town Hall during the phased ramp up to full operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. We would have a greeter at the front door to Town Hall who would ask a visitor which department they want to visit, check them in as such and determine (dashboard or similar) whether that department already has a visitor. Visitors would be checked out of a department when they leave. I have a Creator and Field Worker ArcGIS Online subscription. Should I be using Collector or Survey123 or something else? How would I go about building out an app. I've been using Desktop for a while, but relatively new to AGOL.

I anticipate that we either have someone at the "exit" door (providing one way traffic through hallways) checking people out or each department could update the data showing that someone left and the office is available for another visitor. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick McDonald

GIS Coordinator

Town of Lynnfield, MA

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Patrick McDonald

I think that if the front door person and each department had collector then they could see and show who which dept had visitors. 

I would set the refresh interval to a min or something low like that. That way the map stays current. 

Either the dept could check a person out or the exit door person. You could have one point for each dept and have it red or green if someone is visiting.   That way it is easy to see.

Survey123 might not be the best option. 

0 Kudos
PatrickMcDonald2
New Contributor II

Thanks Rickey Fite. I haven't used Collector yet, so I'm going to dive into it - training on the go. Thanks for the direction. 

0 Kudos