How do you make a field required for the Citizen Problem Reporter?

02-04-2020 09:08 AM
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

I am currently setting up a Citizen Problem Reporter for one of cities I manage. I have followed all the steps in the guide. I modified some of the code so the public will be able to submit but their requests will immediately  disappear afterwards.  Now, the City wants to required fields like submission information  and some other fields. I have tried setting it in the configurations in ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS online, but I been able to figured it out. Am I missing something, do I have to update the required fields in the Code?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

DinubaAGOL Admin

In help 2.JPG check the field is required checkbox. 

The only thing is it usually is required then the layer is created.

This makes it hard if the layer already exists and has people using it. 

0 Kudos
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

So when adding a field, it is possible to make  that field required. My concern is that I have fields that were preset and want to make them required. The application is still under development so no one is using it yet. 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

DinubaAGOL Admin

My understanding is that there cannot be any features in the layer to make one of the fields required or not nullable.

0 Kudos
MelissaNorthey
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever get this working?  I'm in the same boat now, but mine is live with several records.  We realized that they can submit without even selecting from the problem type drop down and our departments would like that to be required.  I tried on a test feature layer after removing all records to no avail.  In ArcGIS Pro it is just grayed out and using the JSON method to update the definition returns that it was successful, however it is still set to allow nulls.  Being that we are live, I don't want to have to re-do it (& then all the views we did on it).

0 Kudos
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

no you have to set it before. 

0 Kudos