How do you handle Captial Project Planning solution projects with multiple funding sources?

04-06-2021 09:58 AM
Labels (1)
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

I am currently configuring the Captial Project Planning solution to manage our CIP.  One of the major issues we are running into is how to handle projects that are funded from multiple sources or have funding in multiple years. 

For example, we have a bridge project where the design phase will take place next year(2022) and draw funds from MFT and Stormwater.  The actual construction of the bridge will take place in 2024 and also draw from both funds.  It would be nice to keep this all as one project but we can probably separate design and construction into two projects.  I am not sure how to show that each project will have two funding sources.  

Has anyone mapped out their projects with multiple funds or years?  Is there a way to translate that into the review dashboard and apps?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@CassidyKillian 

We have some of the same issues you do. 

I added a field for primary, secondary, and tertiary funding sources. We indicated which source put in the most money. Then secondary got the was noted by the second most money. We have 3 primary funding sources SDC, Other, and Fees and rates I added how much was is taken from each funds.  

RickeyFight_1-1617729283999.png

Here is the table of we handle showing multiple funding sources:

RickeyFight_0-1617729138402.png

As for multiple years funding I added a few more fields and created a chart 

RickeyFight_2-1617729426358.pngRickeyFight_3-1617729456307.png

Here is what the final dashboard looks like. I have the map on another tab. 

RickeyFight_4-1617729512293.png

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

Just wanted to update the post.

We are still not having any luck getting the solution configured for multi-funded projects.  We have tried a new data structure that uses a related table to store the funding information(fund source, amount, year).  That does allow us to add multiple funds to a project but the editing is a little weird in the Plans apps because the information is going to the related table.  In addition to that, there is really no way to configure the review dashboard to function properly when using related data and the original hosted feature layer.

We are still looking for suggestions if anyone else is working on the capital planning solution.

0 Kudos