Geocoding toolbar

06-06-2014 01:54 PM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I'm having issues with the Geocoding toolbar.  There is a big long space to enter an address and the tooltip comes up telling you what to do but when I enter the address, nothing happens and I get the Windows error sound as if there is some invisible error message somewhere.  I use this toolbar anyways for the Address Inspector to help assign new addresses but it would be nice to use it to quickly pan to a certain address in ArcMap.  I attached the image just to be clear it is in the center where I entered a valid address.  [ATTACH=CONFIG]34422[/ATTACH]
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
18 Replies
JeffRogers
Esri Contributor

NotFound.png

Josh when you hear the beep do you see a message like this one...or is there just a beep?

0 Kudos
JeffRogers
Esri Contributor

If the message is just not showing up, then I haven't seen the issue before, my suggestion is to report it to Esri Customer Service so they can trouble shoot and potentially offer a solution or address it in an update.

JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Ok, I discovered that my Normal template was corrupt so it was not a bug that could be recreated, it was something on my machine, problem solved.  Thanks for your help Jeff, Brian and Steven.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Nope just the beep.  when I first open an ArcMap session Single Line Input shows up but goes away and hovering over it brings it back.  I guess I will report it to Esri support.  This is such a bizarre error I don't know what else to do.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
PatriceMoore
New Contributor

Thank you for investigating this. I just ran into the same exact issue with one of my users. Thank you!

BenTsang
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar, but not exact, problem. My Geocoding Toolbar will not accept any inputs. I'm using my own locator on 10.3. When I type in an address for it to locate and press Enter, nothing happens. No sound, no error message, nothing. It even occurs when using the World Geocode Service.

Hovering over the single line input shows the normal, "Find Address" dialog box. But right-clicking the box shows this:

I've run MXD Doctor and found no corrupt items. Any ideas? Suggestions?

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Did you try deleting your normal.mxt? It can be found in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop<version>\ArcMap

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
BenTsang
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response. I haven't tried that yet. I'll try that and get back to you. 

0 Kudos
BenTsang
New Contributor II

Josh,

That did it! I had to reconfigure all of my toolbars, but a small price to pay to have a daily-used tool working again. Thanks for your quick reply and solution.