Executive dashboard deployment

06-30-2013 01:36 PM
TolyZharkikh
New Contributor
Hi, I downloaded the executive dashboard from github, threw it on my webserver, clicked "sign in", entered my arcgis online credentials, and it logged me in, but gave me 7 javascript errors, all saying the same thing:

SyntaxError {log: undefined, _ssl: undefined} serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
(anonymous function) serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
reject.errback serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
_1c6 serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
_1c4 serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
(anonymous function) serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:34
resolve.callback serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
resolve.callback serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
_437 serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
func serverapi.arcgisonline.com/:15
_430

It displayed the progress bar, but never displayed any content.

I noticed that the live example located at http://localgovtemplates2.esri.com/ExecutiveDashboardTryItLive/ works just fine with the jsapi 3.1 so I copied all those javscript files over to my webserver and tried to run it, but it gave me the same 7 javascript syntax errors.

Any idea why this is happening or what I can do to get it working? I thought this application was supposed to work right out of the box. Is it failing because I have to provide links to my own map services?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
Please review the help topic below and ensure you have configured the app correctly and deployed it on your web server completely.  If you are still having trouble after you've reviewed the help topic, feel free to contact Esri Support Services.
0 Kudos
TolyZharkikh
New Contributor
I guess my main question is: can I expect the application to work with the default configuration that I downloaded from github (https://github.com/Esri/executive-dashboard/blob/master/js/config.js)?
0 Kudos
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
Tony -

No, you will have to configure the application with your ArcGIS Online group and webmaps and configure the application to work with this content.  The try it live app is set up to work with sample data and named AGOL users Esri provides for evaluation purposes.

Scott
0 Kudos
JussiLehtonen
Esri Contributor
I recently deployed the 10.2. version of the Executive Dashboard.

I guess that the source code was for State government version since I have the Swipe -button in my app. Can I get it to work by configuring a webmap or in another ways?

Can I easily disable the mandatory login after the initial screen as my app is for demo purposes and the data is public?
0 Kudos
HeatherEisan1
New Contributor III
Jussi,

To enable the swipe button in the Executive Dashboard, all you need to do is add the compare tag when authoring your map in ArcGIS Online.  As for your question about disabling the mandatory log in, you cannot disable the log in.

Heather
0 Kudos