Easements in the Fabric

11-02-2010 08:27 AM
Labels (1)
NickKenczka
New Contributor II
Hey all,

Just wondering who is managing easements (or thinking about it) inside of a fabric.  We are trying to set up a workflow for doing this (test fabric for now) and have some questions.  If you are managing easements/Encumbrances inside of the fabric are you doing it as a closed polyline or as polygons?  The geometry type completely changes the workflow for how you incorporate easements into the fabric.  We are testing both, and are finding that if we do it as a polygon, the fabric will not join the polygon to the existing (joined) parcel points or line points, it will only do it do a recognized control point. Has anyone experienced this?  Every data model I've seen does not include easements as part of the fabric so I'm wondering if it is "industry standard" to manage this information outside of the fabric.  Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly helpful.  Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor
Steve, I will take a look and see if I can come up with a solution

Christine
0 Kudos
NickKenczka
New Contributor II
Hey Christine,

Haven't heard back from you on this in a while and thought I would check in to see if you may have found a solution.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor
Hi Nick
Sorry - been away on work travel. I am revisiting this and I see the problem - feel free to email me at cleslie@esri.com and we can discuss your workflow further.
I will post the solution to this on the forum as well.

Christine
0 Kudos
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor
Hi Nick

So the solution to this would be to planarize the offset construction lines once you have added them. Then go to the construction grid and delete any extra segments created from by the planarize. What the planarize command does is add construction points at the intersection of any newly added construction lines - which is exactly what you need in this case. Just be sure to check the construction grid afterwards for any extra segments that might be created.
The planarize command is located on the Parcel Details dialog.

For curve offset lines, it might just be simpler to enter the traverse lines instead of doing the offset
Christine
0 Kudos