Circle Call-Out?

04-13-2011 05:01 AM
RickLawson
New Contributor
In our shop we are creating the parcel layer for counties using imagery and the scanned paper maps in .tiff format as the reference.  One of our final actions is to label the parcels as they were on the paper maps...with a circle containing the Parcel Identification Number. 

Where we have polygons that were too small to legibly hold the circle with the PID they always represent this (on paper) with a call-out 'leader line' directing the circle with the number to the polygon.  We have checked with our local ESRI office and this particular label was not reproduced for ArcGIS at 10...but it apparently existed in previous versions of desktop. 

So my question is...has this been recreated out there by a user?  I feel fairly certain that there are enough folks that are running the same process that we are that this label is critical to the workflow. 

As always...thanks in advance for any information.  If, in fact, this has not been addressed we are considering creating this in-house and I will certainly share our results. 

-GG
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
I was able to get it to work; however, you're unable to modify the symbology of the leader line. The only option is to leave it as a regular line.

You're able to change the size/color of the circle, but that's really it.
0 Kudos
AustinBard1
New Contributor II
Has anyone come up with a solution to this in 10?  I was able to add everything using the component category.  When i open arc map and select properties for text background i do not see circle line callout as an option.  However, when i open a map document, created with 9.3.1 using this symbol, it draws fine in my layout.  I am not able to change size or color.
0 Kudos
ChristopherAbbott
New Contributor II
Greetings all,

Has this been fixed yet?  I have several instances that require a circular test symbol with an arrowed leader.  Several plans I produce require circles and ovals with a segmented leader.
Please help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32025[/ATTACH]

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos