Can I Create Four Dashboards in One Citizen Problem Reporter App?

Jump to solution
01-22-2020 09:21 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

In my current Citizen Problem Reporter app I have four webmaps. Each one is for a separate department in the county. Then there's one dashboard. I've been tasked with having a separate one for each department, so that in the end when the email is sent to that department the recipient can click a link to view it's own dashboard.

How can I create one dashboard for each of the four categories/webmaps?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Jared, 

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

By replace the map, I meant you'll need to add your newly made map to the dashboard, then re-point the indicators, KPIs, and filters to the new map and layer. Once everything has been re-pointed, you can then delete the original layer. 

Starting with a copy will make the process a bit faster since everything will be present. If you wanted a more customized look for each department's dashboard, you could create a new dashboard and use the default item as a template to follow. 

Andy

Andy Shoemaker

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Jared,

The layers in the reporting maps are all views of a single reports layer. You should be able to use the unique views (or make your own for each department) in unique maps for each dashboard.

Since the default configuration of Citizen Problem Reporter is one dashboard, you'll need to create your own dashboard for each department. As a starting place, you may want to do a "Save As" when editing the deployed dashboard. This way you'll have an outline and would just need to replace the map and repoint the KPIs.

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Andrew,

Thanks, sounds good. It sounds good up until "replace the map". I don't see a way to replace the map. Apparently, it isn't supported: Operation dashboard - Add the ability to save as a template 

0 Kudos
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Jared, 

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

By replace the map, I meant you'll need to add your newly made map to the dashboard, then re-point the indicators, KPIs, and filters to the new map and layer. Once everything has been re-pointed, you can then delete the original layer. 

Starting with a copy will make the process a bit faster since everything will be present. If you wanted a more customized look for each department's dashboard, you could create a new dashboard and use the default item as a template to follow. 

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos