Attribute Assistant - Multiple Intersecting Feature Error

Jump to solution
11-13-2012 10:50 AM
Labels (1)
AaronCheuvront
New Contributor II
I just installed the latest version of the Attribute Assistant as part of the Campus Editing Template.  Having a problem where even though there is a definition query to filter a floor plate the Attribute Assistant is returning ALL of the floors instead of just the current floor.

I noticed a difference in pre-Nov 10.1 release and the Nov 10.1 release with respect to this issue.  In the pre-Nov release there was an entry in the DynamicValue table for BuildingFloorplanLine which was setting the FLOORID based on the intersecting BuildingFloor|FLOORID.  The Nov 10.1 release does not included this as a default record in the DynamicValue table.

What this should do is when a BuildingFloorplanLine is drawn, the FLOORID is copied from the BuildingFloor.  In order for this to work correctly the BuildingFloor layer needs to have a definition query defined that filters it to the desired floor.  What appears to be happening is that it ignores the definition query, finds all of the floors and returns just the first on it finds.

The actual Attribute Assistant looks like it is the same version (3) and has the same problem.  Not sure if anyone noticed this before.

I do have a version works but I can't remember where I got it.  In the Add-in manager it also shows up differently than the attribute assistant in the campus editing template.

Attribute Assistant version 2.1 for ArcGIS 10.0 does work.  In the add-in manager under command it is listed as Category:Attribute Assistant.

Attribute Assistant version 3 for ArcGIS 10.1 does not work.  Add-in manager lists it as Category:ArcGIS for Local Government (pre and post Nov release).

Attribute Assistant version 2.5 for ArcGIS 10.0 (from the infrastructure editing template) does not work.  Add-in manager lists it as Category:ArcGIS for Local Government.

Attribute Assistant version 2.5 for ArcGIS 10.0 (from the campus editing template) does not work.  Add-in manager lists it as Category:ArcGIS for Local Government.

This is a critical issue for interior space since everything has to be assigned a floor in order to filter the data.

Looking at the log file the only difference (besides getting different values) is that when it does not work there is a line that say: "Starting Loop of found features".

Is this a bug in the AA code not respecting definition queries?  if it's not, how can it work differently on the same machine with the same map by just changing the version of the add-in?

sorry for the long post, just wanted to get all the info about the testing I have done included.

Someone please help!

Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Aaron,
   Are you using the INTERSECTING_FEATURE rule?  If so, try this, when you list the Building layer in the the value method, put (LAYER) after the name of the layer, this will force it to use the layer which has the definition query in it. 

so it would like like this BuildingFloor(LAYER)|FLOORID

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Aaron,
   Are you using the INTERSECTING_FEATURE rule?  If so, try this, when you list the Building layer in the the value method, put (LAYER) after the name of the layer, this will force it to use the layer which has the definition query in it. 

so it would like like this BuildingFloor(LAYER)|FLOORID
0 Kudos
AaronCheuvront
New Contributor II
Perfect!  Thanks Mike.
0 Kudos
EricHarvey
New Contributor
Tried this in 10.2 Campus editing, had some difficulty getting it to work.
I had everything running on my laptop.  Sqlserver express database with LGIM,  SDE, and arcmap.
Added buildingfloorPlanLine records to the feature class.
Attribute values for floor, buildingkey, and floorkey were getting the values from the wrong floor.
Verified Definition Query for BuildingFloor layer was correct.
Checked DynamicValue table for correct ValueInfo entry "BuildingFloor(Layer)|Floor" for TableName BuildignFloorplanLine.
Reconciled and posted edit version.
Issue continued.
Shutdown laptop left for the evening.
Rebooted laptop the next morning.
Now it works.
0 Kudos