Attribute Assistant Elevation Data for Road Centerlines

06-08-2021 12:35 PM
Labels (1)
TimSpangler
New Contributor II

We have been using Attribute Assistant for several years and it has been a great tool. There is one problem that we haven't been able solve. We need elevation data for the start and  end points on our road segments.

By using the intersect raster method we are able to get elevation data to populate the fields but it only returns the centroid data for a line feature.

Has anyone been able to use Attribute Assistant to populate elevation data for the start and end points of a road segment?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still getting use to Attribute assistant and don't use it for raster at all but it seems if you use the Intersecting Raster it will only use the centroid.

https://solutions.arcgis.com/shared/help/attribute-assistant/documentation/methods-all-methods/#inte...

Can you try using just Intersecting Feature which lets you controll the method (S for Start point, E  for End point?  May need to convert the raster into another format to get intersecting feature to work for you though. (Which might not be practical if your using different Rasters all the time. )

0 Kudos
TimSpangler
New Contributor II

Molly;

Thanks for the reply. Intersecting Feature will not let me pull the information from the raster that we need. I did try using the Intersecting Feature parameters with the Intersecting Raster method but as I expected it didn't work

0 Kudos