Easy2Hike – Startup’s Mobile App Creates a New Standard for Hiking

06-25-2019 02:57 PM

Easy2Hike – Startup’s Mobile App Creates a New Standard for Hiking

Easy2Hike – Startup’s Mobile App Creates a New Standard for Hiking - The Easy2Hike app, built by Esri startup partner Easy2Hike, provides hikers, bikers, and equestrians with up-to-date information on park conditions and potential hazards, and it’s made available offline for users in areas with low cell reception.

Comments
Anonymous User

@MeganMartinez Any news on this topic? Is there any other new app similar to Easy2Hike?

I'm thinking of opening a new post on ArcGIS Ideas, Esri should already have a product designed for hikers, cyclists, etc... that allows something similar to Wikiloc to be on mobile.

I'm a mountain biker, and yesterday I tried to display an offline webmap in FieldMaps (I couldn't because I got an error when enabling synchronization on the map's hosted feature layer), but it's missing some features like the elevation profile. For me it would'nt be a problem to have to open ArcGIS Online to configure the map that I want to have on my mobile in the mountains. Although I don't know if Field Maps will increase its functionality in this regard.

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous User 

Two similar apps are the Ohio DeTOUR app and the Allegheny Co Trails App – Esri Blog. The former involved ArcGIS Hub as well for managing community identities. The later was created with ArcGIS App Studio. 

Hope this helps.

Version history
Last update:
‎06-25-2019 02:57 PM
Updated by:
Contributors