Select to view content in your preferred language

My WFS service is limited to 9 layers

10-22-2010 03:35 AM
Labels (1)
MikeMcMahon
New Contributor II
Hi,
I have a WFS (1.0.0) service that I'm working on publishing.  When I look at it via Gaia (an OGC viewer), I find that my layers are not visible.

However, I did some AXL tweaking and found that if the service has 9 layers or less, the data shows up.  There's nothing wrong with the other layers - if I comment out the first 9, and just show the 2nd 9, those will then display.  If I try to show 10, none will work.  We have on the same server a feature service with 14 (line) layers, so I know it's not the machine, or ArcIMS.

Has anyone ever encountered something like this?  This service has eaten about a week of my time!

Other note - my layers are all points.
I just tried my 9 layer services in Quantum GIS (another OGC viewer, and it crashes).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MikeMcMahon
New Contributor II
Ok - it is not limited to 9 layers.  It seems to be limited by something else.  I've got some point layers and some line layers and I've been fiddling with them, and trying to figure out which combinations work, and which fail. 

Point Layers (n) Line Layers (n) Result
9                 0                 works
10                 0                 fails
8                 31                 works
8                 32                 fails
9                 31                 fails
0                 95+                 works

At this point, I think there must be some kind of filter that caps the number of features or something like that.   I can't find any documentation mentioning it, and nothing is jumping out at me.  Can anyone help?    

PS:  I don't think I ever mentioned that the data is being served by ArcIMS 9.3.
0 Kudos