viewshed project witout a DEM

02-05-2014 03:06 AM
DannyDonsky
New Contributor
hello,

i need to do a viewshed analysis on a 1000 dunam living area. all i have is the survey file in auotocad format, the heights of the buildings and the number of floors in each building. i dont have a raster or a DEM of that area, how can i build a valid dem from points with height value. please feel free to suggest any other solution you may think is relevant.

thank you.
Danny.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DannyDonsky
New Contributor
thank you for the reply Sol, but my area is located in israel, and the only elevation data i can get is from a survey map.
i want to build my own DEM based on points with height value.
thats what i got (attachment) but how do i preform a valid viewshed analysis from that data, thats my real quastion, is there a video or a tutorail for this kind of analysis?
again thank you for your help.

danny
0 Kudos
OllieBrown
New Contributor II
Hi Danny,

Have a look at these tools: Spatial Analyst Tools > Interpolation in the ArcGIS toolbox, these can be used to generate surfaces from points. The help files for each explain everything pretty well so you should find one you like the look of. Just be aware that the surface will then run to the tops of your buildings so there will be extra geoprocessing required to set the surface to the corrects height and burn the building locations onto the surface.

Cheers,

Ollie