Temporal Collect Events tool fails

Jump to solution
05-15-2015 01:51 PM
Public_HealthObservatory
New Contributor III

I can't seem to run the Temporal Collect Events tool. My Python is pretty bad so I am not even sure how to troubleshoot. The other tool in that toolbox (Temportal Collect Polygon) runs fine.

Thanks!

Tracy

Traceback (most recent call last):   File "C:\Users\creightont\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.3\ArcToolbox\My Toolboxes\TemporalCollectEvents\Scripts\TemporalCollectEvent.py", line 140, in     setupTemporalCollectEvent()   File "C:\Users\creightont\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.3\ArcToolbox\My Toolboxes\TemporalCollectEvents\Scripts\TemporalCollectEvent.py", line 27, in setupTemporalCollectEvent     tce = TemporalCollectEvent(inputFC, outputFC, timeField, threshold)   File "C:\Users\creightont\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.3\ArcToolbox\My Toolboxes\TemporalCollectEvents\Scripts\TemporalCollectEvent.py", line 32, in TemporalCollectEvent     ssdo.obtainData(masterField, [timeField], dateStr=True) TypeError: obtainData() got an unexpected keyword argument 'dateStr' Failed to execute (TemporalCollectEvent).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tracy,

We tweaked a few things in 10.3 that caused issues with the sample scripts.  Here's an updated version that should work   Thanks for catching that.

-Jenora

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tracy,

We tweaked a few things in 10.3 that caused issues with the sample scripts.  Here's an updated version that should work   Thanks for catching that.

-Jenora

JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

Also ... I don't know what the question that you are trying to answer is, but these sample script tools eventually evolved into the tools that are in our Space Time Pattern Mining toolbox.  In 10.3, Create Space Time Cube aggregates events into bins which can be then analyzed with Emerging Hot Spot Analysis. It might be valuable (and lots of fun) to check those out as well.

Hope that was helpful.

-Jenora

0 Kudos
Public_HealthObservatory
New Contributor III

Thank you so much Jenora for such a speedy response! The updated toolbox works perfectly. I'm working on some exploratory disease analysis and am just trying to determine the best tools for this particular job. I've definitely been exploring the Space Time Pattern Mining tools as well. Thanks for your help!

RichardOdhiambo
New Contributor

Also encountered the same problem

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Student\ARC3\TemporalAnalysis\Scripts\TemporalCollectEvent.py", line 140, in <module>

setupTemporalCollectEvent()

File "C:\Student\ARC3\TemporalAnalysis\Scripts\TemporalCollectEvent.py", line 27, in setupTemporalCollectEvent

tce = TemporalCollectEvent(inputFC, outputFC, timeField, threshold)

File "C:\Student\ARC3\TemporalAnalysis\Scripts\TemporalCollectEvent.py", line 32, in TemporalCollectEvent

ssdo.obtainData(masterField, [timeField], dateStr=True)

TypeError: obtainData() got an unexpected keyword argument 'dateStr'

Failed to execute (TemporalCollectEvent).

0 Kudos
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

Hi Richard,

Did you try using the updated toolbox that is attached above?

-Jenora

0 Kudos
Do_CongChung
New Contributor

Hi Jenora,

I have tested updated toolbox. It is running very good. Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

0 Kudos