Statistic Analyse How many Points (Point Dataset) are in each Raster (Rasta Dataset)

Jump to solution
06-26-2016 04:06 AM
TillMüller1
New Contributor II

Hey,

i have an Point Dataset (landslides) (mastershape_pt...) and a raster (rainfall) (Kostra_pkt_final...) . Now i want to do some Statistical Analyse. May you can help me

I want to know how many points are located in the raster with the value from e.G 35.3000..1 till 37,2

so that i can say at the end i have 200 points with an value from blabla till blabla  Points_and_raster.jpg

Thanks for your help! Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Extract Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

I am sure you must have missed this one

TillMüller1
New Contributor II

@Dan Patterson
thank you it was exact the help i search for. and it works pretty good i know everything is written in the "Help", but sometimes its not easy to find when you don't know what to search for.

Now i want to do the same with one difference. The Raster is now a point Dataset.

pointpointnearest.jpg

So i have two point datasets: green (Landslides) and the smaller ones (blue) are the Rainfall...

is there any possibillity to add a value to the green points attribute table which point of the blue points is the nearest? Or reverse? that the blue points get a entry which green points are nearest.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Near or spatial join would probably work depending on the result you want and your license level

Near—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Spatial Join—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop