Space Time Hotspot analysis

12-08-2011 01:52 PM
AnthoniaOnyeahialam
New Contributor
hello,
I have malaria data at hospital level for 20 hospitals on a monthly basis over a period of 10 years. I will like to do some hotspots in space and time but I haven't a clue of where to start even with arranging my data because I have the data separately from the georeferenced hospital database. If I succeed in doing the database, where can I start with the hotspot analysis? is there a possibility to do it in space and time with point data? Txs
0 Kudos
20 Replies
LaurenScott
Occasional Contributor

Great to know that the sample script is working on 10.2.2!  It looks like your zip file only has the toolbox though (instead of both the script and the toolbox).  If Ori is using your zip file, that is definitely the reason he is getting an error about not finding the script.  If Ori is using the zip file I attached, then Phillip's suggestion to make sure the script path is correct is a good one!  Here's how: once you navigate to the Temporal Collect Events toolbox, right click on the tool and select "Properties"... then on the "Source" tab, check to make sure the path to the temporalcollectevent.py script file is correct... if it isn't, browse to the .py file to set the correct path.

Ori: if you still have problems, please send the screen shot to my email, LScott@esri.com, and I will see if I can figure out what's what.

Thanks!

Lauren

0 Kudos
origudes
New Contributor II

Ok, i fixed the the pathways of the PY files and now it works..Yay

But some parameters are not clear, for example, is distance measured by meters? so if i insert 1000 is that 1000 meter?

Ori

0 Kudos
origudes
New Contributor II

I have also noticed that Lauren Bennet has presented the results in 3d view, which i was very cool and intuitive, is there any explanation or steps how to it? (present the spatio temporal results in 3D?)

Thanks O

0 Kudos
LaurenScott
Occasional Contributor

Please see if this works for you:

ArcGIS Help Space Time Cluster Analysis)

Best wishes,

Lauren

0 Kudos
TingLee
Esri Contributor

"But some parameters are not clear, for example, is distance measured by meters? so if i insert 1000 is that 1000 meter?"

For the parameter "Distance Threshold", the distance unit is base on the output coordinate system. By default, the output coordinate system will be the same as the input's projection spatial unit. For example, if the projection of the input is WGS1984 (Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere), then the distance is measured in meters. If the projection is NAD 1983 StatePlane, then the distance is measured in feet.

Thanks,

Ting-Hwan

0 Kudos
PhilipGlasner1
New Contributor III

Sounds really great Lauren! Thank you for further information about the tool. I was recently in contact with Chris Delaney about tools for application in Predictive Crime Analysis. Are there any concrete plans for tools (in 10.3 or the next future release)?

btw: found the attachment. may be an issue of my browser

thanks,

philip

0 Kudos
LaurenScott
Occasional Contributor

Our new tools for 10.3 are Create Space Time Cube and Emerging Hot Spot Analysis... they are beta in ArcGIS Pro and we are going to do our very, very best to get them into the 10.3 ArcMap release as well.  For future releases we are planning to develop additional tools (probably Outlier Analysis next) to work on the cube (netCDF) data structure.  Note: the additional tools work is not yet started, so it technically does not fall into the "concrete plans" category... but that's what we are thinking.  Also definitely not yet in the "concrete plans" category: we are very interested in predictive event analysis and are starting to investigate.

Thanks for your interest in our work!

Lauren

0 Kudos
PhilipGlasner1
New Contributor III

Thank you Lauren for the information.

I am doing my PhD in Predictive Crime Analysis and are also working for the local Esri distributor in Austria, so that's why I am always interested to use Esri software in my research. It is good to hear that there are ideas to extend analysis methods in this area.

Philip

0 Kudos
origudes
New Contributor II

Thanks so much ALuren

I have downloaded and installed the tool box using ArcGIS 10.2, but i always get error message that it can find the scripts...a bit odd.

I can share screen shot if that helps?

Regards Ori

0 Kudos
PhilipGlasner1
New Contributor III

Did you check whether the script tool references the according script? Right-click on the tool itself (not the toolbox), choose Properties and check in the Source tab whether the according Python script is selected.

(You could otherwise use my zip-file where I imported the python script to the script tool)

Philip

0 Kudos