Problem with creating Schematics Dataset in a enterprise database

Jump to solution
03-31-2014 05:01 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: tonycmx

I'm recently trying to create a schematics dataset in my PostgreGIS database. But it always raise an error: 
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32641[/ATTACH]
After getting this warning, when I refresh the database, I get a new file:"postgis20.sde.SCH_UNIQUEID". So I try to create the schematic dataset again, another error is shown:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32642[/ATTACH]

What would be the reason for these error?
Thank you for taking a look on my question!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
The error is very clear to me.  To create the first schematic dataset that has ever been in an enterprise geodatabase, you must be connected as the SDE user.  The reason for this is that some core system tables are created that must be owned by SDE.  After this initial creation, you can delete that dataset if you want (the system tables remain) and then log on as any user that has create table permissions and create a new schematic dataset.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
The error is very clear to me.  To create the first schematic dataset that has ever been in an enterprise geodatabase, you must be connected as the SDE user.  The reason for this is that some core system tables are created that must be owned by SDE.  After this initial creation, you can delete that dataset if you want (the system tables remain) and then log on as any user that has create table permissions and create a new schematic dataset.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: tonycmx

Thanks a lot! I should have read the tutorial better.
0 Kudos