Point Features (station data) Z-values and their coordinatesystems

02-20-2021 11:11 PM
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Dear Community,

i want do some spatial statistics with the space-time-pattern mining  (definied Postions, stations Data)

I want to create a new feature class. So of course all the stations datas have the same coordinate.

Should i create a Z-values? And whats my coordinate system...

After that i want to connect it with other attribute tables with the station information and create after that the space time cube.

Thanks forward!

Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

XY Table To Point (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation to create a point featureclass with X, Y and Z values

You have to know the coordinate system.  Do the X, Y values look like they are in decimal degrees? or in a projected coordinate system

Have you seen the requirements and discussion on space-time cubes?  Does your data meet the requirements for multiple time slices?

Visualize the space-time cube—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Hey Dan,

thanks for your answer...

Yes i have the seen the requirements and your Link https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/space-time-pattern-mining/visualizing-cube-d...

...but i have measuring datas (station datas)...so it should fit with space time cube with defined positions or not?

My coordinates are in Gauss-Krueger and also Longitude and Latitude...

Thanks forward!

Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This option Create Space Time Cube From Defined Locations (Space Time Pattern Mining)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

mentions station data explicitly and you need an attribute and your data should represent time slices.  I am not sure what you are working with so perhaps others may weigh in.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

It is just like that https://pro.arcgis.com/de/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/time/temporal-data-in-separate-tables.htm

like the one to many table...

so i think it should work...

Greetings,

Andrea

0 Kudos