Calculating Z Scores for Individual Points and adding to the attribute table

08-13-2011 03:05 AM
EdwardKemp
New Contributor
Hi,

I am carring out a spatial anaysis of archeological finds to see whether they are clustered or not. Initially I have carried out a NN and Ripleys K to determine whether or not the points are clustered (most are).

I would like to extend the analysis to see if these clusters are statistically significant or not.

Therefore is it possible to generate a Z score for each of the points that can be added as a column in the attribute table? The idea being that this score can then be used as the input field in the Morans I test for significance.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me with this! 🙂

Edd
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenRosenshein
New Contributor III
Hi Ed,

Actually, what you want to do to get a value field for running the Getis-Ord Gi* statistic is aggregate your data so that you can use a count field as the input field for analysis.  The Hot Spot Analysis tool will then calculate a z-score and p-value for each feature based on the statistical significance.  You can learn more about Hot Spot Analysis and aggregating your data here.  You may also want to run through the Hot Spot Analysis Tutorial.  To get more information about all of the Spatial Statistics tools you can also go to http://esriurl.com/spatialstats.
0 Kudos