Is there a possibility to use Space Time Cubes with less than 10 time slices or an alternative for the "Emerging Hot Spot Analysis"?

08-25-2020 01:39 AM
FabianFleischer
New Contributor

i am very interested in the emerging hot spot analysis for characterizing spatio-temporal patterns of rock glacier flow velocity. I created a "Multidimensional Raster Layer" for 6 time-slices and just realized that 10 time-slices is the minimum to build a space-time cube, which is a necessary input for the "Emerging Hot Spot Analysis" tool.

My questions are:

1. Is there a way or a workaround to create a space time cube with less than 10 time-slices?
  2. Is there a way to do an "Emerging Hot Spot Analysis" or similar analysis with just the "Multidimensional Raster Layer" or the single raster files?

I tried to create a "Space Time Cube" from a "Multidimensional Raster Layer" containing all my 6 time-slices twice. Because I am just interested in the output of the "Emerging Hot Spot Analysis", I assigned the following years to the same raster inputs. (2000 - Raster1; 2001 - Raster1; 2002 - Raster2; 2003 - Raster2;...)

This approach yields results but I can't wrap my head around what consequences this method has for the results.

I would be very glad for some answers and thank you guys very much in advance!

Cheers

Fabian

0 Kudos
0 Replies