I am attempting to iterate many point feature classes for a kriging analysis. What is the best way to loop/iterate this process for many feature classes stored within a personal GDB?

Jump to solution
04-03-2017 05:28 AM
RonSheaks1
New Contributor II

I am attempting to iterate many point feature classes for a kriging analysis. What is the best way to loop/iterate this process for many feature classes stored within a personal GDB?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ron,

An ESRI Raster GRID is limited to 13 characters for the name length.  See the section 'Storage Limitations' within the following link:

Esri Grid format—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you are running into this limit I would recommend using a different raster format, such as a .TIF.  You can do this by simply appending .tif to the end of the raster name.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ron,

An ESRI Raster GRID is limited to 13 characters for the name length.  See the section 'Storage Limitations' within the following link:

Esri Grid format—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you are running into this limit I would recommend using a different raster format, such as a .TIF.  You can do this by simply appending .tif to the end of the raster name.

RonSheaks1
New Contributor II

Thank You Jake. I was unsure about the amount of characters allowed for a raster name. I am now moving forward with iterating the feature classes for the Kriging Analysis.