How do I backup MY TOOLBOXES?

Jump to solution
10-25-2017 07:17 AM
lindatomaselli
New Contributor III

Today, I came to my computer and got the "blue screen of death".  It eventually restarted, but now I want to know how to backup MY TOOLBOXES to another location.  I see how to save them as 10.2 versions, but I want to backup the actual ones in 10.5.  I can locate them in ArcCatalog, but cannot copy and paste them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I do it all the time by keeping my toolboxes and scripts in a folder which I copy and paste to another location whenever I make changes.  I also version number the folder so that I have a legacy path in case I want to go back in time to a previous incarnation.  Just keep your scripts in a subfolder relative to the *.tbx files themselvess.  (I use Onedrive for example for storage, plus a zip and email to myself on different accounts works well, then there is the standby USB drive)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I do it all the time by keeping my toolboxes and scripts in a folder which I copy and paste to another location whenever I make changes.  I also version number the folder so that I have a legacy path in case I want to go back in time to a previous incarnation.  Just keep your scripts in a subfolder relative to the *.tbx files themselvess.  (I use Onedrive for example for storage, plus a zip and email to myself on different accounts works well, then there is the standby USB drive)

lindatomaselli
New Contributor III

Thanks again.

I needed to right-click on the toolbox, and then go to properties to find the location.

From there I could copy the files in Windows Explorer to an external hard drive.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is also the documentation on ....

Managing tools and toolboxes

lindatomaselli
New Contributor III

So, how do I copy and paste them to another folder?  Where are MY TOOLBOXES located?  The documentation you refer to is just to copy and paste within that location, not to a new location on an external hard drive.

0 Kudos
lindatomaselli
New Contributor III

Never mind, I found it.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos