Adding "Select by location" to Iterate Feature Selection in Modelbuilder

04-10-2018 07:02 AM
PatrickMatu
New Contributor

Hey, can anyone help? ArcGIS 10.4.1 on Win7
I performed an analysis in the modelbuilder in ArcGIS including an "iterate feature selection" Iterator. The result is a raster and I'm converting it to a polyline (Raster to Polyline). In the end I need to check, if the %value% (n) polylines intersect with any polygons from another Feature Class. If they intersect I need a FC with the polygons that do intersect. If not = NoData.
Any ideas how to perform that? I experimented with "Select Layer by location" and "Near" + "Select" with no success. (Whenever I tried it this way I'm having problems with performing it with all the n-Polylines, I could only perform it with one polyline.) But I'm not convinced it's the best way to perform the analysis, would be a way with another sub-model better?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

If you study the syntax section of the raster to polyline tool what is the output type? A FeatureClass. What does the Select layer by location takes as input (hint look at the tool help syntax section!). It's not a FeatureClass but a layer, this is what the help file is telling you. So you need to turn your FeatureClass to a FeatureLayer to be able to connect the tools and continue your workflow. This is what Make FeatureLayer tool does.