Cross Section / Elevation Profile Tool?

12-15-2022 04:55 AM
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

Hi folks, I'm giving Site Scan a demo/trial and have been post-processing some former flights I have conducted. I've been looking around in the Site Scan Manager Web App for a tool to create cross-sections or elevation profiles based on map markup. Is this possible? If so where is the tool? I know this can be done in Portal or AGOL but ideally, I'm looking to see this provided natively in Site Scan for users. I love that volumetrics can be generated on the fly and saved and I am looking to do the same for cross-sections. The background use case is for open pit mining applications.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @Mtclimber03 , 

In Site Scan Manager, open a mission and go to the Point Cloud view, and you will see the "Elevation Profile" tool in the upper-right of screen. 

Site Scan Manager - Elevation Profile.png 

This tool is different from the cross-section tool available in ArcGIS Online, but we are working on bringing this cross-section tool to Site Scan starting with the 3D Mesh view in the first half of 2023. If you have more specifics on your needs and use cases, please add it to Site Scan Manager Ideas. 

Nico 

Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @NicoBonnafoux for showing me where this is located in the platform! That explains why I didn't see it. I was looking in 2D and 3D Mesh view but not Cloud. I look forward to seeing the new tool coming to the 3D Mesh view soon.

0 Kudos