Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you manually take over drone control during a flight mission?

Jump to solution
03-03-2021 10:11 PM
Carol_Lam
New Contributor

Hi guys, 

I am playing with the Site Scan apps and planning to fly the drone for a demo. The site I am currently working on is in the city center. I am wondering in case of emergency, is it possible to manually take over drone control during a flight mission? If possible, how does this take over procedure work? Do I have to pause/stop the flight through the iPad app? OR I can use the default drone controller to override the control? 

Anyone have experience on the actual flight? I am a bit hesitant because of the safety concerns.

Thank you! 

Regards,

Carol

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianMark
New Contributor

Hi Carol,

Users can pause their autonomous mission and take over manually in order to conduct inspections at different altitudes by using different manual modes such as video, photo, or panoramas at different altitudes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrianMark
New Contributor

Hi Carol,

Users can pause their autonomous mission and take over manually in order to conduct inspections at different altitudes by using different manual modes such as video, photo, or panoramas at different altitudes.

beel
by
Occasional Contributor
Look around on the Remote Controller (RC) for a little toggle switch with P-A-F next to it. You should be able to toggle flight mode with that.
I would encourage you to do a practice run in a safe place while trying this out. Doing so takes some of the stress off the actual mission, and increases safety significantly!

[cid:image001.jpg@01D710D2.C0244CE0]