Folders in mission flights site Scan

01-24-2022 04:25 AM
ManuelCarpintero
New Contributor II

It would be very interesting the possibility to group the flights creating folders inside of missions. The most cases, in construction sites we use to fly every month, doing the same flights. In corridors, it is necessary to split those flights.  When you have more than 100 flights for a corridor split into 3 sections, it would be easier if you want to look for a specific flight to navigate through these 3 folders. 

Other solutions have it.  

7 Comments
dozer
by Esri Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @ManuelCarpintero ,

Just to clarify your request, are you looking for a way to easily navigate to a mission (to view the orthomosaic, for example), or to a flight (to view fleet management data like the aircraft, pilot, etc)? I interpreted your comment as the former, needing to navigate to a mission, and you have multiple missions that cover a section of a corridor. Let me know if I'm off on that.

One feature we are planning is the ability to add tags (labels) to missions and flights.  In the context of your request, you could tag the missions that belong to specific sections of a corridor, so that when you apply a filter to that tag, only those missions show up.

Would a solution like this address your challenge?

ManuelCarpintero

Hi @dozer

Thank you for your answer. Have a look at my site scan dashboard missions. I always have the same mission every month (1 to 9). 

What I mean is the possibility to group the mission by folders or tabs. 

Capture_site scan.JPG

sbouvier

I agree, having sub folders would help us classifying missions.

NicoBonnafoux

@ManuelCarpintero Why does creating a separate Project for each section not work for your use case? 

sbouvier

I don't know for Manuel, but for us, it can be sub-projects or sub-missions, the idea is to have more than two levels of classification in the tree.

Thank you Nico

ManuelCarpintero

@NicoBonnafoux , 

It could be a possibility to create different projects, but it won’t be classified because it is the same project. Maybe I need to change the project concept an try to go as you suggestion. The fact is large projects need to be split . In my personal opinion,  it is more functional to have sub folder inside of the project to classify and navigate faster and easier the missions. 

Manuel.

DanielHolsgrove

This would be really handy for us as well. I work on a large mine site and the ability to set up a project for our different areas with sub folders to then hold the flights for a particular project in that area would make our data organisation a lot easier. I would go one step further and say the ability to have mulitple sub folder levels. An example from our site would be tailings dams. We fly these every 2 weeks for monitoring and required to keep the data for the Department of Mines 

Project - Tailings Dam

Sub folders - Tails1, Tails2 etc

Sub Sub folder - 2020,2021,2022 etc

We are currently running 24 projects to cover different areas but once you go into them there is no way to easily locate the data you are after