Using Site Scan with DJI P4 Multispectral

Jump to solution
10-29-2021 11:09 PM
MichelleClanahan
New Contributor II

Hi,
Our organisation has recently started using Site Scan for drone work and processing our drone imagery, so I am a Site Scan novice.

I use a DJI Phantom 4 RTK with multispectral camera, which gives one set of RGB imagery (georef jpg) and imagery in five bands (red, green, blue, NIR and red edge) as georefrenced tiff files.  

Please can someone confirm that the DJI P4 multispectral  camera isn't supported in the app?  I don't think it is, but just wanted to check I'm not missing something.      

If the multispectral camera isn't supported in the app, can I still upload and process the imagery?   Are there any guidelines anywhere for this?  The FAQ say that you can process multispectral imagery in Site Scan but I'm not sure where to begin.  

If I can process the imagery, is there a way to use the georeferenced tiff files or do I need to convert these all to georeferenced jpgs?

Thank you for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @MichelleClanahan

From your description, it sounds like you are using the DJI P4 Multispectral. While this drone is equipped with an RTK module, it's a different drone model than the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. 

You're correct that the P4 Multispectral is not supported in the Site Scan Flight app (feel free to suggest this as a new capability in the Imagery Ideas board).

P4 Multispectral images are supported for processing in Site Scan Manager. 

• Capture nadir images using the native DJI app.
  • Log into Site Scan Manager and open the desired project (or create a new one).
  • "Create New Mission", you can leave the mission type as other or set it to Area Survey.
  • Upload all the images together, jpg and tiff (no need to convert to jpg).
  • Process using the default settings.
  • Once processing is complete, you'll be able to view the RGB orthomosaic in Site Scan Manager, and the multispectral orthomosaic will be available for download in the export menu. 

Regards,
Nico 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @MichelleClanahan

From your description, it sounds like you are using the DJI P4 Multispectral. While this drone is equipped with an RTK module, it's a different drone model than the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. 

You're correct that the P4 Multispectral is not supported in the Site Scan Flight app (feel free to suggest this as a new capability in the Imagery Ideas board).

P4 Multispectral images are supported for processing in Site Scan Manager. 

• Capture nadir images using the native DJI app.
  • Log into Site Scan Manager and open the desired project (or create a new one).
  • "Create New Mission", you can leave the mission type as other or set it to Area Survey.
  • Upload all the images together, jpg and tiff (no need to convert to jpg).
  • Process using the default settings.
  • Once processing is complete, you'll be able to view the RGB orthomosaic in Site Scan Manager, and the multispectral orthomosaic will be available for download in the export menu. 

Regards,
Nico 

MichelleClanahan
New Contributor II

Hi Nico, 

Thank you so much for the help.   I will give it a run and will definitely suggest it on the imagery ideas board. 

cheers Michelle

0 Kudos