Support for the DJI Mini 2 to the Site Scan flight app.

07-27-2022 12:32 PM
Shauna-RaeBrown
Occasional Contributor

Please add support for the DJI Mini 2 to the Site Scan flight app, or at least explain why Esri can't/won't.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
AmeliaBradshaw

Hello @Shauna-RaeBrown 

Thank you for posting this Idea! I moved the Idea to the Site Scan Flight Ideas board, so the Ideas managers for this product may see this. 

Thank you, 

Amelia 

GordonSumerling

Hello @Shauna-RaeBrown 

Thank you for posting your request for support of this DJI Drone. The drones supported by Site Scan Flight are consistent with the supported drones in the DJI SDK. 

In addition, Esri favour drone models that will deliver the best quality mapping data products, preferably those with high resolution sensors and mechanical shutter cameras. The DJI Mini and DJI Air are more consumer drones and do not fall into this category. Hence the reason we support the Mavic 2 upwards.

A full list of supported drones and cameras today is available form: https://community.esri.com/t5/imagery-and-remote-sensing-blog/site-scan-flight-for-arcgis-matrix-of-... 

Shauna-RaeBrown

Thanks for the response, @GordonSumerling.  So, what it sounds like you're saying is that Esri does not want to support my drone.  It should not matter if I choose to fly a more consumer drone.  The drone does support a geofencing, so I don't understand.  Again, thanks for your response.

NicoBonnafoux
Status changed to: Closed

@Shauna-RaeBrown DJI does not offer SDK support for the Mavic Mini 2, so Esri cannot support it. You should advocate to DJI to add SDK support for it, and if they do, we can then consider adding support for it in Site Scan Flight.