Flight logs from Site Scan LE (for Drone2Map / non SiteScan cloud users)

05-04-2022 11:51 PM
ZoltanKelly
New Contributor III

We want to use Site Scan LE app with Drone2Map + our ArcGIS Enterprise environment with Image Server + a third party drone flight mgmt product (dronelogbook) for logging/compliance reporting.

However, info added to flights planned in the Site Scan LE app are not extractable from the app.

While I understand full the Site Scan Manager cloud provides end to end flight mgmt via Fleet Management component, this capability is missing from workflows using a third party logbook product with ArcGIS Site Scan LE > ArcGIS Drone2Map > ArcGIS Enterprise, the ArcGIS components of which are presented by Esri as a valid workflow.

Procuring Site Scan Manager just for the flight mgmt component is not a cost effective solution, given the analysis and processing functions are not required; also a third party drone logbook app provides flexibility e.g. to track flights for drone models not supported by Site Scan Flight/LE, or ones flown by third party contractors where just outputs are provided but flight needs to be registered for compliance.

This data is visible in Site Scan app e.g. under Mission > Raw Mission Parameters; Raw Mission Record; Raw Flight Record. If some schema/format was available as an export same as the geospatial video logs that would be sufficient, I have not found a workaround (unless there's some secret developer log export like in Field Maps, or via ipad files app or something janky).

1 Comment
JoeBryant1

Boosting this idea!

I will be managing logs for multiple pilots and drones at our company, some of which will not be using SiteScan. I will need a way to export all the flight logs into a common database for record keeping.

I could also see the reverse working in my scenario: I am purchasing the full single-user SiteScan license, and would accept being able to import flight logs from other drone software, such as DJI's. But this sounds like it would not work for the OP.