DJI P4 Multispectral Support

11-11-2021 08:48 PM
MichelleClanahan
New Contributor II

It would be great if the Site Scan flight app could support the DJI P4 multispectral.  The DJI P4 multispectral is increasingly being used for vegetation monitoring - both in the conservation and agriculture sectors.  having a single platform like Site Scan to take you through your entire workflow from flight planning through finished processed product would be wonderful.

Tags (1)
7 Comments
DiegoMonge_Chinchilla

Our organization needs this too. It would be very easy for us.

NicoBonnafoux
Status changed to: Under Consideration

TomThompson2

It would be great if we could use calibration panels to ground truth our MicaSense data as well.

NicoBonnafoux

Hi @TomThompson2 , 

Thanks for the suggestion. Could you please create a new Idea for this on the Site Scan Manager board? 

BillWinston

I support this idea and will add a kudo but I also would like to request that this functionality be part of the Drone2Map application.  We use this app to teach drone photogrammetry and it would be great to be able to process P4 MS data there.

RobLarson75

I don’t understand why  the P4 rtk multispectral wasn’t part of the initial launch on drones compatible with site scan. 
The university I teach at with our  GIS program we are integrating drones and all compatible applications I would rather stay with Esri applications as I don’t like all the flaws in DJI applications.  Plus having multiple bands in imagery taken  is of better use than having to fly multiple missions with multiple drones to achieve the same results. 

I would be greatly appreciative if Esri could make this happen by August before the start of the semester. 
Also I haven’t looked into this too deeply yet but any of the drones with multispectral rtk compatibility or an enterprise drone with thermal and LiDAR sensors should be compatible with this app. The ability to add shapefiles from ArcGIS online just makes things more efficient. 

DaveSivertsenz

Use case: P4M enables NDVI for vegetation management, scientific research and critical irrigation management.

Workflow would be greatly improved with support for this drone.

Thanks