Time Slider - Replace "Time" with "Date"

05-07-2019 04:09 PM
SarahMcCabe
New Contributor III

I am using a time slider to make a short film showing weather data over several months.  The time slider shows "Time" on the map display, not "Date."  Is there a way to change this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DawnWright
Esri Regular Contributor

cc Dan PisutKeith VanGraafeiland Sudhir Shrestha Can you see this question and get back to Sarah McCabe?

------
Dawn Wright (she/her/hers), Ph.D. & GISP | Esri Chief Scientist
0 Kudos
DanPisut
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah, 

Can you give us a bit more detail about this? Which application are you doing this in? Pro, AGOL, a web app? If the latter, there's probably some wiggle room. Otherwise there's always my favorite hack: post production. 

SarahMcCabe
New Contributor III

ArcMap.

SarahMcCabe
New Contributor III

What I did:

Showing the exact date of the year is less important for my viewer than orienting them to the approximate time of year.  I made a shapefile of points called "Months_Time" with the dates of my data, with fields for Month and Year.  I made the label to be a string concatenation of those two fields.  I turned on “Time” in the properties of the shapefile.  When I ran the time slide, the appropriate Date and Year showed as labels in “Comic Sans” type.  

The end result is as the visualized data in my avi. file moves around, the month and year changes.