eSearch - Searching Time Ranges

04-14-2016 07:39 AM
CollinHorace
New Contributor II

I have a table that has 3 time ranges for Monday. Using the eSearch widget, how do I write an expression to show who is available, based on user input. I am using military time and can successfully query the data in ArcMap with the following query:

(Monday_Range1_Start_Time >= 1900 AND Monday_Range1_End_Time <= 2400) OR

(Monday_Range2_Start_Time >= 1900 AND Monday_Range2_End_Time <= 2400) OR

(Monday_Range3_Start_Time >= 1900 AND Monday_Range3_End_Time <= 2400)

How can I get the same results within eSearch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Collin,

What type of field is the "Monday_Range1_Start_Time" and the 2 and 3?

0 Kudos
CollinHorace
New Contributor II

Hey Robert,

Those are (numeric) long integer fields. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Collin,

So in that case you would use the Between operator when configuring that search expression value.

0 Kudos
CollinHorace
New Contributor II

Can you please provide an example? It would be nice to only have 2 value prompts. A prompt for start time and one for end time that takes into account the six different fields. Or would  I need multiple expression values. I am just not sure.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Collin,

I am sorry. I did not even pay attention that you asked this about the Flex version o my eSearch. The Flex version does not have a between operator. I have not really touched Flex in a year so I am really out of touch with it. Do you need the 1900 and 2400 to be user input that can be changed?

0 Kudos
CollinHorace
New Contributor II

I don't mind using web appbuilder, if the function is there. I will give it a try, but still may need help with the expression. I will make another post in that subject area. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos