Roads and Highways 10.6.1

12-04-2018 01:39 PM
JohnWilm
New Contributor

MnDOT (Minnesota) is reviewing our options to upgrade to 10.6.1 or 10.7 after the first of the year. What other DOTs are currently using 10.6.1, and are you experiencing issues aside from the Esri bug report, presented during the last two RHUG webinars?

We do not anticipate migrating to Pro anytime before 2020, and feel the need to continue support from Esri and the RHUG community for the current desktop versions.

Edit: I am going to change my original question a bit, to request comments if anyone has experiences good or bad with the new Cover event behavior, Delete Route GP Tool, and how beneficial is the ability to customize the Event Editor interface?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
YuemingWu1
New Contributor II

We're in 10.6.1 and haven't experienced the issues yet. However, we are bothered by an issue of how to have our web map services usable by the public. Prior to the upgrade, we didn't set up a federated environment. Now with Portal for ArcGIS in production managing security and users for R&H, the security we configured doesn't allow the public to use the services in their ArcGIS Desktop applications. We have been working with the Esri's ArcGIS Enterprise group on the issue. --Yueming@WVDOT

0 Kudos
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

We (ITD) only have issues with the current known bugs at 10.6.1.  We are using federated portal environment for our R&H.  With a separate server for it as well.

YuemingWu1
New Contributor II

Hi Nicole, is it possible our technician call you for help? Thanks, Yueming@WVDOT PS: I really like RHUG's move to GeoNet. Two thumbs up!

0 Kudos
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

The email didn't work, but I'm actually leaving for the day today.  I'm pretty open Friday, and have limited time Thursday.

0 Kudos
YuemingWu1
New Contributor II

Hi Nicole, I sent you an email. Thanks, --Yueming@WVDOT

0 Kudos
JohnWilm
New Contributor

Hi Yueming, Nicole,

Thanks for your responses. I too like the GeoNet site, it's much easier to navigate.

We're wanting to take advantage of these new features in 10.6.1, however, we may wait until 10.7 for some of the known issues to be resolved.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

We've customized the coloring for all of our Event Editors (RCE).  It makes it much easier for us to know whose we are in, and it makes it easier for the Event editors to know if they are in PROD or UAT.  We've only tested the cover behavior, but our traffic folk (AADT) liked it a lot!  The work around for the bug in 10.6.1 makes it a bit harder to do work for them.