Calibration interpolation error

09-08-2020 04:41 PM
ColinSchut
New Contributor III

Hello,

Currently experiencing a strange calibration error and wondering if anyone has experienced it or if it is a logged bug I have been unable to find. 

I have a route that goes around a bend like so.

A new access has been built to the highway splitting the route in two, and for event reasons the route beyond the bend is being realigned to incorporate this access. 

The start calibration point is correct (0), the point at the centreline split is correct (107), and the end point is correct (1320), but for about 25 geographic meters beyond the new calibration point on the now split centerline, the measures quickly increase from 107 to 566, where they then interpolate properly between 566 and 1320. The pre-realigned measures and post realigned measures do not match at any point.

As far as I can tell there is no centreline duplication, the centrelines meet properly and the calibration points are correct. This occurs when I realign the route, or reassign the beginning portion and then extend over the new access.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

I would suggest opening a case with Esri Technical Support for this issue.  They should be able to work with you to reproduce the issue and determine any workarounds.

Nathan

ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

I have seen something similar, I would recommend submitting a ticket as we did as well. In our case deleting a calibration point as we had too many in the area then apply updates. Next step was recalibrate calibration point to fix the route measures.

0 Kudos
ColinSchut
New Contributor III

It had something to do with the new centreline the route was being realigned to. I had collected this line in collector, exported to a gdb and copy and pasted it into the centreline feature class. I don't know the exact issue, but it must have had something to do with projections or units moving it between workspaces. Creating a new clean centreline fixed the problem.