Attribute Sets - General Discussion

04-24-2019 01:39 PM
RyanBlum2
New Contributor II

Hi! 

This conversation is meant to be a meeting place to discuss all (most) things Attribute Sets!  It is meant to be a place of sharing trials and tribulations, success stories, and best practices for creating, deploying, using, and managing Esri Roads and Highways Event Editor Attribute Sets.

If you have specific technical help questions it might be better suited to start a case directly with Esri but otherwise the goal of this "Conversation" is to allow the RHUG a place to share and collaborate from each other...and maybe if we are lucky, make a RHUG friend or two.

Thanks for  sharing!

7 Replies
RyanBlum2
New Contributor II

I have attached Robert Bush and I's GIS-T 2019 presentation about Attribute Sets for anyone who would like to reference, comment, question...or if you didn't get the chance to attend GIS-T I hope you enjoy!

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-13291

#esri roads and higwhays#rhug‌ #attribute sets 

TrevorMillen
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Ryan great power point, wish I could have attended. Do you know if any of the GIS-T will be on line later?

RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

Trevor,

All presentations are posted online for each year. That said I don’t know when and the website has changed so I cannot give you a good link outside of the generic page. Transportation.org – The home of transportation professionals. 

0 Kudos
RyanBlum2
New Contributor II

Trevor,

Thank you.  I am glad you like it!

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky

You guys did a good presentation. 

RyanBlum2
New Contributor II

Thank you sir!

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky

No problem.

So back in the early days mid-2000's when the earth cooled and we started using esri products for LRS editing instead of the mainframe we had a little program called ARID, which is very much like Event Editor. Attached is some of the early work that I hope helps to illustrate how events can break and making many attribute sets with multiply passes to match can speed up data entry instead of adding all events at one time on one pass. I have attached an excel file of a more current file that our inventory folks use, it is at latest the fourth revision of the ARID project guide. For our LRS editors we only have a few events to maintain so one attribute set works easy enough to turn on/off event layers (DCGAttset).