Stuck event lock

Jump to solution
10-14-2021 11:59 AM
Labels (2)
Colin_Schut
New Contributor III

I have a lock from a year ago on one of my events that I can't get rid of. Created by my portal user in event editor, it doesn't show in the lock list in event editor, I can't delete it through arcmap roads and highways toolbar because it was created by a different user, and it doesn't show up in the geodatabase administration locks.

It's possible it was created on an old version and may be related to the bug mentioned in the monthly meeting yesterday?

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

I'd recommend opening a case with Esri Technical Support.  They can work with you to get the lock removed since it's associated with an LRS event that doesn't exist with the same name any longer.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

Has the version the lock was acquired in been deleted from the geodatabase?  If so, you can release the lock manually in either ArcMap or Event Editor by opening the locks table, highlighting the lock in the table, and clicking the release lock button (https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/extensions/roads-and-highways/locks-table-in-roads-and-h... and https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/roads-highways/latest/event-editor/locks-table-in-event-editor.htm)

Nathan

0 Kudos
Colin_Schut
New Contributor III

My mistake, it's a lock on sde.default. Trying to release it manually I get "The highlighted routes either have changes and the locks cannot be released or another user has created the locks and you cannot release locks created by another user."

I've also just noticed it's on an event that no longer exists. It's on an event that was deleted to re-create with a new name. This route was also significantly adjusted at some point (but I think by deleting it and re-creating it). It's possible I may have unregistered the event, changed the feature class name and re-registered the event, but I can't remember. 

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

I'd recommend opening a case with Esri Technical Support.  They can work with you to get the lock removed since it's associated with an LRS event that doesn't exist with the same name any longer.

Nathan

Colin_Schut
New Contributor III

For anyone else finding this page, the solution was to use a delete statement in sql server management studio to remove the specific lock from the lrs.locks table.