Mobile Technology and ESRI Roads & Maps

08-23-2021 06:01 AM
MelanyNoltenius
New Contributor

Hi All,

Is there any information or updates regarding mobile technologies for R&H? 

An app in progress?  Anything?  Just thinking about the future.

Thanks!

Melany

2 Replies
Scott_Fierro
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though there's any new movement there. Most of the mobile development teams efforts have been focused on Field Maps and R&H isn't anywhere on the short term Road Map that the teams lead @JeffShaner highlighted in a fairly recent blog but I tagged him here and perhaps he can provide insight on possibilities for the long term Road Map.
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/whats-new-in-arcgis-field-maps-j...

0 Kudos
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

@Scott_Fierro and @MelanyNoltenius - I've been working with the Roads and Highways and ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing team to identify key requirements for inclusion of LRS capabilities within ArcGIS Field Maps. I'd love to get your feedback on the priority of these enhancements. 

At present I am investigating 2 key enhancement requests:
1. Find nearest measure - from my current location, given a selected route feature.
2. Locate measure - given a selected route feature, enter a measure value and locate the nearest vertex with that measure along the route. Then potentially provide feature actions to navigate to that measure or capture at that measure.

If these are of interest to you, please send me a DM and we can connect and discuss.

Thanks,

Jeff