Event Editor

08-06-2019 12:01 PM
PrestonStafford2
New Contributor II

I have an Event Editor question. In my Web Map are these Events. In Event Editor in the Layer window when I go to choose a layer I only get these 3 Events. My question is why and what is going on and how to fix this??

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Preston,

A few quick questions that might help narrow down what's going on.

1. Can you confirm the events that don't appear in event editor are in fact registered as events in the same LRS as the events that do appear?

2. In the MXD you used to publish the service, were the events within group layers?

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

0 Kudos
PrestonStafford2
New Contributor II

Hi Nathan,

Yes, All Events are registered within the LRS Database. The Layers within my MXD are not within a group . See Attachment.

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Preston,

Everything looks correct there.  I would suggest opening a support case with Esri Support.  They can assist you with troubleshooting the issue.

Nathan

0 Kudos
anayoung
New Contributor III

Hi Nathan,

I was looking for issues surrounding symbology and grouping categories and found this post. From your questions above, I'm guessing that groups are a problem for Event Editor.

Our issue: in an MXD used for publishing, the symbology was grouped for a couple of categories for "Freeway/Expressway 2a and 2b"; it shows grouped in the MXD and the portal map used for publishing but in the Event Editor the grouped categories are duplicated but symbology stays put.

We just moved to 10.7.1

Below are screen shots of the problem.

Thanks,

Ana

What it should be

Portal Map

In Event Editor

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ana,

The best course of action would be to open a support case with Esri Support for this issue.  The analyst can get into the details needed to determine exactly what it going on with the symbology in Event Editor for your map.

Nathan

0 Kudos
anayoung
New Contributor III

Thank you, Nathan. We think this is "BUG-000117802" as mentioned by RHUG in January 2019.

Amit has contacted me.

On Thursday, August 22, 2019, 02:51:22 PM CDT, Nathan Easley <geonet@esri.com> wrote:

#yiv7575764182 * #yiv7575764182 a #yiv7575764182 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7575764182 #yiv7575764182 h1, #yiv7575764182 h2, #yiv7575764182 h3, #yiv7575764182 h4, #yiv7575764182 h5, #yiv7575764182 h6, #yiv7575764182 p, #yiv7575764182 hr {}#yiv7575764182 .yiv7575764182button td {}

|

GeoNet, The Esri Community

GIS and Geospatial Professional Community

|

Re: Event Editor

reply from Nathan Easley in Roads and Highways User Group (RHUG) - View the full discussion

Hi Ana,

The best course of action would be to open a support case with Esri Support for this issue.  The analyst can get into the details needed to determine exactly what it going on with the symbology in Event Editor for your map.

Nathan

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet, The Esri Community

Start a new discussion in Roads and Highways User Group (RHUG) by email or at GeoNet, The Esri Community

Following Re: Event Editor in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ana,

The bug you referenced above actually isn't a bug.  When our team investigated the issue, we found the following.  Event Editor receives the symbology and grouping from the map service as it's rendered by ArcGIS Server and isn't able to override it at all.  I'm happy to get you in contact with the ArcGIS Server team if you'd like to request they make changes to the map service renderer to support grouping.

Nathan

0 Kudos
anayoung
New Contributor III

Thank you, Nathan. Yes, please, put us touch.

Ana

>

0 Kudos
JohnWilm
New Contributor

Hi Ana,

We're (MnDOT) deploying 10.7.1 in our DEV environment, and encountering the same issue with Event Editor. The group layer is broken up into separate layers in the service.

Was there any follow-up with the ArcGIS Server group and you?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos