Trying to fill hollow roads

08-24-2021 02:32 AM
MeganBuckland
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I recently created a network dataset to measure access to some points along a park's perimiter from houses within 200m. The only part of the data which is working in this analysis are the parts where the roads are directly connected to the parks. I have noticed that the roads are displayed as separate lines not solid lines. Unless the road is directly attached to the park, the network is limited to the line surrounding the house. I have attached an image to show what I am talking about.

road lines problem.jpeg

I am hoping to make the roads solid/thick lines so that the network can travel across any road in any direction. I will not be able to do this manually using the edit  tool because there are over 10,000 lines...

I will give other information needed to help solve this problem in comments where needed. Thank you very much

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
MeganBuckland
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help. I am running on 10.8 instead of pro. Am i right in thinking collapse dual lines to centrelines would have the same effect if I have my data in lines format?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

give it a try, one is for polygons, the other is for polylines. ( I don't have data to test to compare)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MeganBuckland
New Contributor II

I just tried the collapse dual lines to centreline thing. It didnt work for me - I know im doing something wrong but im not sure what. Do you know how to fix this? The only options before i execute the command are a maximum width which is compulsory to fill out, and a minimum width which is optional. All roads were under 90m width so i put 90m and this happened... I've also attached the attribute table which might help.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 1.11.29 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-27 at 1.11.36 pm.png

Thank you for helping me

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It could be your network isn't appropriate for it as I posted in your other thread

Re: Collapse dual lines to centreline not working.... - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos