SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase slow performance with M values?

09-20-2018 10:41 AM
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone seen performance issues when using SQL Server Esri Enterprise Geodatabase with data that have M values. We are running across slow draw times on all of our GIS datasets that were derived from our LRS network GIS layer. The same datasets will draw within 1 second in a file geodatabase vs in sql will take 10-15 seconds. 

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CliveReece
Esri Contributor

No, not from my experience.  There are many other potential issues that may be affecting your performance.  I would recommend logging a case with Esri technical support so they can work with you to track down the root cause(s). 

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Clive. I have already started a ticket with Esri. Still trying to track down the performance issue. 

0 Kudos
ScottFierro2
Occasional Contributor III

Is this issue specific to only feature classes which have M values or do you experience the same slowness with other feature classes that don't have M values?

What version of SQL Server are you using?

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

We are seeing it only on feature classes with M values. SQL Server version 2016. 

0 Kudos
ScottFierro2
Occasional Contributor III

OK, not exactly what we discovered but will toss it out there for you as an option to consider. In this other post I gave the link to original post where I broke down details regarding modification of the disc storage drive configurations used behind the scenes of SQL Server. While this may not fix this issue for you I'd still suggest checking it out as it's proven to provide significant performance gains for us and many others using SQL.

https://community.esri.com/thread/200309-system-design-strategies-and-performance

0 Kudos