Add raster to mosaic data set failing

06-29-2020 12:26 AM
JessicaMendonca
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm attempting to create an animation from krigged raster layers (rainfall in time series) by creating a mosaic data set and attributing a time to each layer in a new field. I'm new to ArcGIS and the add raster to mosaic data set is failing. Why would this be?? Both the layers and new mosaic data set are in the same .gdb 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jess,

I'm assuming you're using ArcMap.

In the Add Raster to Mosaic Dataset tool - I think you need to change your Input Data type to "Dataset" to find rasters within the .gdb. Once you've selected a raster it should be listed in the Source list

If you're still having issues adding a raster:

Go to the Geoprocessing menu -> Geoprocessing Options 

Uncheck "Enable" in the Background Processing section. Ensure that "Stay up if Error occurs" is checked.

This will allow you to gather a conclusive error code on why the process is failing. If it's not a obvious error code, please post it back here to see if we can help you!

A

JessicaMendonca
New Contributor

Hi Aled,

Thankyou for your response!

Unfortunately, I really am fumbling my way through this. Does this code mean anything to you? Am I suppose to use the boundary again when compiling the Mosaic Dataset? It doesn't seem to be recognizing the krigged raster.

I'm using a student licence for ArcGIS Pro Map.

Jess

0 Kudos
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jessica,

As you say, it looks like the tool isn't recognizing your raster.

If you go to your .gdb and right click your raster -> properties

What are you seeing as the raster format?

The boundary will be generated/updated when adding a raster to the mosaic dataset (by default). You just need to supply the tool with a input raster(s).

Aled

0 Kudos
JessicaMendonca
New Contributor

FGDBR?

0 Kudos
JessicaMendonca
New Contributor

Is it an issue with floating point type pixels perhaps?

0 Kudos
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

Hmm it seems to be a supported bit depth type - Bit depth capacity for raster dataset cells—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  (cant find a Pro equivalent)

One to try (certainly not ideal), export the raster to a folder as your prefered format and then try adding the raster to the mosaic from a folder (not a geodatabase).

ERROR 999999 is not very conclusive unfortunately  

0 Kudos
pat_algura
New Contributor III

I'm having a similar issue when adding a raster from a fgdb to a mosaic dataset. Raster format is FGDBR. The raster gets added to the mosaic dataset successfully. But once it gets analyzed, it returns Error 70113.

The path is set to the correct folder of the fgdb but it's not recognizing it as a right path. Is this an expected behavior?

pat_algura_0-1676252153178.png

0 Kudos