R-ArcGIS Bridge Workflow Demo

07-20-2016 09:30 PM
MarjeanPobuda
Occasional Contributor

One of the demos given during the technical workshop, Integrating Open-Source Statistical Packages with ArcGIS using Python and R, at the 2016 UC.

13 Replies
AlexandraGomez_Avilan
New Contributor

Hi Marjean,

I am using ArcGIS Pro 1.4.0 and ArcGIS 10.4 and the installation of R-Bridge failed. The message is "

Unable to find valid R installation. Please install R. Fallback installation method failed. Completed script InstallBindings... Failed to execute (InstallBindings)"

Do you know what is the problem? Can you help me?

0 Kudos
MarjeanPobuda
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alexandra,

Based on your error message, it sounds like you do not having R installed on your machine. The video above already assumes that you have ArcGIS (which you do!) and R (also optionally, RStudio). Here are detailed instructions from our Learn Lesson, Analyze Crime Using Statistics and the R-ArcGIS Bridge, on how to get everything setup. We also have an online training course, Using the R-ArcGIS Bridge, that is designed to help you get up and running with the bridge and some  of its basic functionality. 

I hope this helps!

-Marjean

ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Alexandra,

If Marjean's great instructions don't get you going (or you do already have R installed), you can create an issue describing the problem on our issue tracker here:

Issues · R-ArcGIS/r-bridge-install · GitHub 

We try a variety of approaches to detect the R installation correctly, but in some cases these still fail. If that happens to you, let us know so we can track down the issue.

Cheers,

Shaun

0 Kudos
RichardRovin
New Contributor

I have an excel spreadsheet with date and time of events, the decimal latitude and longitude of the event location, and census block FIPS. I want to do hot spot mapping as you did with SF crime statistics. However, I can't get beyond create space time cube by aggregating points because I get an error about not having a projected coordinate system. I am hoping you can help me. Many thanks, Rich

0 Kudos