Filter GeoView by time instead of time span

Jump to solution
04-08-2021 12:10 PM
nikschm00
New Contributor II

Hello Guys,

I want to filter the GeoView by time,not by a time span.

The only possibility i found, was setTimeExtent(). It dont work, to set the same StartDate and EndDate in Extent.

If i have a Feature(StartDate= 0:30; EndDate= 0:35), i want to show it, if I set the time to 0:33.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@nikschm00 I checked with my colleagues and this appears to be a bug. Thank you for reaching out with this. I have logged an internal bug so we can investigate my thoroughly and fix it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @nikschm00 ,

Your workflow sounds correct. Do you have any example code that demonstrates the problem? I'd like to troubleshoot a bit on our end to see if there's a bug.

0 Kudos
nikschm00
New Contributor II

I use a modified version of the TimeSliderController from ArcGIS Runtime Toolkit.

Code of Method that use setTimeExtentCode of Method that use setTimeExtent

I only can show the feature, if I set the Extent of the GeoView larger or same than the Extent of the Feature.

Enclosed is a picture of the dataset, I use.

If I use this method in connection with the enclosed table, nothing will be shown.

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the updated info @nikschm00. I will do some research and get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@nikschm00 I checked with my colleagues and this appears to be a bug. Thank you for reaching out with this. I have logged an internal bug so we can investigate my thoroughly and fix it.

0 Kudos
nikschm00
New Contributor II

Okay, that sounds good, thanks for the fast reply.

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@nikschm00 ,

Thanks again for letting us know about this. We have fixed this problem in the upcoming 100.12 release, which will be out before the end of the year.

0 Kudos