WARNING 001404: You are not signed in to ArcGIS Online

12-20-2016 10:50 AM
CynthiaKozma
Occasional Contributor II

I have a Python script that is run as a scheduled task every night.  It updates a service definition on AGOL using arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server.  When I first set this up, we had ArcMap 10.4 and Server 10.2.  To get around needing to be signed in to ArcGIS Online, I would sign into AGOL through ArcMap and just never sign out.  This got around the fact that arcpy.SignInToPortal_server no longer worked.  Recently, we upgraded Server to 10.4, so that all versions are the same.  Now, ArcMap automatically signs you out of AGOL every day, so when the script runs, it throws the error that you aren't signed in and the service definition never gets updated.  Is there any work around to this?  What is different about the Server being upgraded to 10.4 that made the change?  Any help is appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ScottStopyak
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks! I’ll try it.

0 Kudos
ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

I ran into similar issues with a Python Script uploading to ArcGIS Online.  All I was getting was a 000732: Server: Dataset My Hosted Services does not exist or is not supported error.  After ESRI Support (which is normally really really good) had pretty much dead ended on any insights, I found this thread.  I logged in to ArcGIS Online via Desktop, reran the scripts that were giving the error, and voila... no more problems.  Thanks for posting this!