Unable to type in Python window in ArcMap

04-11-2017 06:12 PM
BenjaminGray
New Contributor

Not exactly sure where this ought to go. I have some trouble with the Python Geoprocessing window in ArcMap. Basically, I am unable to do anything with it, and there's no >>> prompt or anything, and I've never had an issue before. I'm pretty new to ArcMap, and Python in particular. Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

arcmap version?  anything installed/removed recently?  any project or one in particular?

do you still have a folder like....  C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.5..... varying by the version number

Did you try a reinstall of your installation?

Are you the only user on the machine? and if not, do other people have the same problem?

etc

BenjaminGray
New Contributor

ArcMap version 10.4. Nothing installed or removed recently, and still have such a folder as described. However, I have not yet tried a reinstall. Probably worth a shot!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anytime something strange start happening with the interface, it's always worth trying https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2121?sr=search&searchId=d62d3432-8c41-41e3-9e60-23bf81af6f79&sea...‌  ...even before a repair or reinstall.  It fixes a lot of strange behavior.