selecting rasters

06-17-2014 09:58 AM
MikePowell
New Contributor II
This seems like a easy question with an easy solution but having a hell of a time figuring it out. I am trying to select a raster from a raster catalog and replace it with an updated one. It can be done in ArcMap but want to do it python. I am using Python 2.7 and 10.1 Desktop. I am trying to select by attribute, a specific jpg, and replace it. I do know that you have to make feature layer first before selecting but still doesn't want to select it. I get this error: Input Features: Dataset  does not exist or is not supported. Is there a tool that can be used for this specifically? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
What is your code?
0 Kudos
MikePowell
New Contributor II
I am writing this question for someone else. All she is trying to do is make a feature layer:
import arcpy
Raster = r"\\xxxx\xxxxx\xxxxx\Raster_1.gdb\Legal"
Sect = '1S25E15.jpg'
rstrsel = "raster selection"
selsection = "Name = " + Sect
arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management(Raster,rstrsel,selsection)

Pretty basic but for some reason it won't make a selection. Any thoughts. We both have some skills with python but I don't deal with rasters at all, but I don't know if that should make a difference
0 Kudos
markdenil
Occasional Contributor III
She might want to try
MakeRasterLayer_management (in_raster, out_rasterlayer, {where_clause}, {envelope}, {band_index})
0 Kudos
MikePowell
New Contributor II
Thanks, I knew it had to be something pretty simple. Thanks for the response. That seems to be the trick. Thanks again
0 Kudos