Python Add-in tool

06-25-2014 02:00 PM
EstelleWuilliez
New Contributor
Hello,

I am working on ArcMap and I would like to display something (a shape or openning a MessageBox) when I click on the map. I need to use "onMouseDownMap()" in python and I need to create a toolbar with a special tool to execute what I want. (I use Python Add-in Wizard)

I followed ArcGIS Help to do this and in the end, my new toolbar doesn't appear on ArcMap and I really don't know why. I tried to customize my toolbar and find the new I've just created but it doesn't exist. Do you know why?

Thank you!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MattEiben
Occasional Contributor
Perhaps something went wrong in the Add-In installation process?
It sounds like you've already looked at this, but if not, check out this page for the actual Add-In Installation:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Testing_an_add_in/014p00000026000000/
0 Kudos
EstelleWuilliez
New Contributor
Perhaps something went wrong in the Add-In installation process?
It sounds like you've already looked at this, but if not, check out this page for the actual Add-In Installation:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Testing_an_add_in/014p00000026000000/

In fact, when I have to install the add-in, I can't check the boxes, they are grey (sorry for my english), but when I clic on "install the add-in", a message appears and tells me "Installation succeeded

However, I have installed Add-in Wizard in my documents. Does the problem come from here?
0 Kudos
MattEiben
Occasional Contributor
You may have to (in ArcMap), go to Customize -> Add-In Manager.  There, you should see your Add-In.  If it has it's own toolbar, then click customize and make sure your toolbar is checked so it'll show up.
0 Kudos
EstelleWuilliez
New Contributor
You may have to (in ArcMap), go to Customize -> Add-In Manager.  There, you should see your Add-In.  If it has it's own toolbar, then click customize and make sure your toolbar is checked so it'll show up.

Here I see my Add-in but when I click on Customize, my toolbox does'nt appear, I can't find it in the list
0 Kudos
KerryAlley
Occasional Contributor
Did you specifically create a toolbar for your add-in, as well as a tool (or button)?  If not, open the customize window, and select the "commands" tab, and type the name of your tool in the "Show commands containing" box.  If your tool installed properly, regardless of whether it is part of a toolbar, then it should be there.  You can then drag the tool and place it in any open toolbar.

Kerry
0 Kudos
EstelleWuilliez
New Contributor
Did you specifically create a toolbar for your add-in, as well as a tool (or button)?  If not, open the customize window, and select the "commands" tab, and type the name of your tool in the "Show commands containing" box.  If your tool installed properly, regardless of whether it is part of a toolbar, then it should be there.  You can then drag the tool and place it in any open toolbar.

Kerry

Yes I have to create a new toolbar in the Python Wizard. Then I right-click on it and create my tool
0 Kudos
EstelleWuilliez
New Contributor
Do you know how to draw a polygone with mouse click? I guess I should use OnMouseDownMap()

Thank you
0 Kudos