Predefine Input Path Parameter

05-02-2014 11:14 AM
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
I hope this is the correct forum...

I have a Python script that I'm running as a tool within a toolbox. As a parameter, I require the user to pick a .sde file from the file system. Is there a way for me to specify the folder that the user browses to look in?

For example, if I have a folder with .sde files located at c:\SDE, when the user goes to select the .sde file, I want that folder to be predefined so it appears in the file browser. Is it possible to define that file path? I tried setting it as the "default" setting, but that only defines the parameter, it doesn't open that folder path within the browser.

Thanks,
Andrew
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhilipGriffith
New Contributor III
Hi Andrew,

Just wondering if you were able to find a solution to this. I'm thinking that arcpy doesn't have this sort of functionality, but I hope I'm wrong!

-Philip
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Andrew,

Just wondering if you were able to find a solution to this. I'm thinking that arcpy doesn't have this sort of functionality, but I hope I'm wrong!

-Philip

Hi Philip,

I don't believe the functionality is there... I actually got sidetracked from that project and haven't been able to go back. Sorry I'm unable to help ya, but I believe another route is necessary.

Cheers,
Andrew
0 Kudos