Is Python 3 included with standalone ArcGIS Server install?

10-15-2019 01:30 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a server that has FME Server 2018.1 and ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 installed and I'm working on migrating  python  2.7scripts to Python 3 and wondering if Python 3 is included with ArcGIS server so the scripts can use the latest Python when published to the server?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can see this page for more information: Deploying custom Python packages for ArcGIS Server—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

-Earl

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The OP is asking about Python 3 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.x.  Unfortunately, Esri's documentation sends mix messages on this question.  The 10.6.x documentation, referenced above, doesn't mention anything about Python 3; but the ArcGIS 10.7.x documentation states that Python 3 is available through the packaged Conda starting at 10.5.x.  I do believe the 10.7.x documentation is correct in that Python 3 is available starting with 10.5.x, but it would be nice if the documentation was consistent.

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

You're right Joshua. I updated the link to the 10.6.x page thinking it would remove confusion but had not realized the contents were not the same (and thus created more confusion!). I know from experience the environment is accessible so we can say that this documentation is accurate for 10.6.1: Deploying custom Python packages for ArcGIS Server—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise. The information on how to access the ArcGIS Server Python 3 is somewhat obscure and even the title of this article is not great. I'll submit feedback to update the 10.6.1 page and suggest an update the title.

Thanks for your input!

-Earl